PROCEEDINGS OF THE MANAGING DIRECTOR,
KERALA AUTOMOBILES LIMITED, THIRUVANANTHAPURAM
Sub: Implementation of Right to Information Act, 2005-reg.
(1) Govt Letter No- 15168/G2/05/ID dated 10.10.2005.
(2) G.O. (P) No. 367/2005/GAD dated 10.10.2005.
In the wake of enactment and publication of the Right to Information Act, 2005 by the Central Government, the Government of Kerala have decided to implement the said Act in the State. It is a Central Act aimed to provide setting out the practical regime of right to information for citizens to secure access to information under the control of public authorities in order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority. The sections 4(1), 5(1), 5(2), 12,13,15,16,27 and 28 of the Act, have come into force with effect from 15.06.2005 and the remaining sections come into force with effect from 12.10.2005.
As laid down in Section 4(1) of the Act, all Heads of Departments will take immediate steps to maintain all records duly catalogued and indexed in a manner and form which facilitate the right to information and to ensure computerization of records which are to be computerized, within a reasonable time with the available resources to access such records by the citizens.
The particulars of the functions, duties of each organizations, power and duties to its officers and employees and a statement of categories of documents that are held by the organisation and under its control shall be published by the Heads of Department, as provided in section 4(1) of the Act,
As per section 5(1) of the Act the Company has designated Shri. Dileepkumar, Manager - HRD as Public Information Officer, for providing information to persons requesting for the same.
Shri. Dileepkumar, Manager - HRD has designated as Asst. Public Information Officer, to receive the applications for information/appeal under section5(2) of the Act.
The appellate authority will be Managing Director of the Company.
Any lapse on the implementation of this Act, particularly holding back information requested by the public, will be viewed seriously and the officer concerned will be held personally responsible and salary may even be cut. Therefore all officers/employees in Kerala Automobiles Limited may exercise utmost care and take prompt action with regard to the implementation of this Act.
1. Shri. Dileepkumar, Manager - HRD
2. Sri. A. Sulaiman, Asst. Administrative Officer
DUTIES AND POWERS
The organization chart of the Company is of the pyramid hierarchy type with Board of Directors on the top. The Board of Directors shall frame policies and shall lay down broad guideline to implement the objectives of the company from time to time. The Managing Director shall conduct and manage the affairs of the Company through Line Managers in charge of various departments such as Finance Materials, Planning, Production, Research and Development and Cost Reduction, Quality Control and Inspection, Personnel, Administration, Marketing etc.
DUTIES AND POWERS OF THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
1. Subject to the provisions of the Indian Companies Act, the provision of the Articles of Association of the Company, the policies and principles approved by the Board of the Company and Government, the general management of the business of the Company shall be vested with the Managing Director.
2. The Managing Director shall be delegated with full powers for the day to day management of the business of the Company.
3. He/She shall have powers and authority, on behalf of the Company, directly or by appropriate delegation to the Officers at the different level to make all purchases and sales and to enter into contracts.
4. He/She shall have powers to make all such arrangements and do all such acts and things on behalf of the Company as may be necessary, in the event of an emergency, to safe-guard the interests of the Company.
5. To open current accounts, term deposits or savings accounts in Banks and Treasuries approved by the Board and to pay money into or withdraw money from any such account or accounts.
6. To sanction expenditure and authorise disbursements within the allocations made for specific purposes in approved Revenue and Capital Budgets.
7. To execute contracts, deeds, instruments and assurances of property, in particular directly or through appropriate delegation to the officers of the Company.
8. To commence, carry on, defend, abandon or compromise any legal proceedings.
9. To engage or appoint solicitors, advocates, attorney, consultants, or other agents, for the above purpose.
10. To make and give receipts, release and other discharges for the claims and demands.
11. He/She shall have full powers for the acceptance of tenders.
12. To sanction printing of publicity literature, pamphlets, circulars, etc.
13. To confirm auction sales of usufructs in the name of the highest bidder.
14. To incur demurrage charges in unavoidable cases.
15. To execute maintenance and repair works of buildings, equipments, premises etc.
16. To sanction for a purchase of furniture etc.
17. To grant loans/advances to employees.
18. To sign all legal documents including bonds relating to Central Excise and Customs directly or through appropriate delegation to the officers of the company as and when necessary.
19. He/She shall have the powers to negotiate with financial institutions. Banks, etc for availing of loan facilities for capital investment, working capital requirement etc. subject to the approval of the Board of Directors.
DUTIES AND POWERS OF GENERAL MANAGERS
1. In the absence of the Managing Director, if and when authorized by the Board, he shall be in charge of the day today management of the affairs of the company. He shall take decision of financial matters in consultation with the head of the financial department and other General Managers, if any.
2. The General Manager/s shall be in overall charge and execute the affairs of the company delegated to him by the Managing Director. The General Managers shall be assisted by Line Managers.
3. General Manager/Manager delegated by the Managing Director shall be the Chairman of the Purchase Committee.
4. The General Manager shall sign cheques within the limit fixed by the Board of Directors from time to time.
5. He/She shall sign the contract agreements, and all documents, including Bonds relating to Central Excise and Customs, as and when necessary.
DUTIES AND POWERS OF GENERAL MANAGER (FINANCE)& SECRETARY
1. In the absence of the Managing Director, if and when authorized by the Board, he shall be in charge of the day Â– to-day management of the affairs of the Company subject to the condition that same person cannot hold charge of more than one post at a time. He shall take decisions on technical matters in consultation with the General Manager in charge of technical matters and other General Managers, if any.
2. He/She shall be in complete charge of the Secretarial, Finance and Accounts and Costing and any other Department of the company as delegated by the Managing Director
3. He/She shall be responsible for all financial matter regarding timely preparation of budget and exercising budgetary control, preparation of annul accounts and cost accounts , attending to audit queries in time and, all Secretarial matters.
4. Recommending normal Increments to the employees of the departments under his Administrative control.
5. He/She shall be responsible for the preparation of the pay bill and bills for other claims of the staff and passing the bills of the suppliers and contractors.
6. He/She shall be responsible for the preparation and submission of reports to the banks and reconciliation of bank accounts.
7. He/She shall also be responsible for the accounting of sales affected from Head Office and various depots and reconciliation of depot accounts.
8. He/She shall ensure proper maintenance of all statutory books and registers as required under the Companies Act, 1956.
9. He/She shall sign cheques within the limits fixed by the Board from time to time.
DUTIES AND POWERS OF HEAD OF MARKETING DEPARTMENT
1. He/She shall ensure that the CompanyÂ’s products are marketed to various outlets.
2. The Head of Marketing shall be responsible for preparing the Sales Budget showing the quantity of different types of vehicles and spares to be sold through various outlets.
3. He/She shall collect feed back information of the product and conduct periodic market surveys s, and forecast the product mix and shall suggest improvement to be made for ensuring product acceptability at all times.
4. The Head of Marketing shall ensure that the vehicles, which are transported at the CompanyÂ’s risk, are insured before they are dispatched.
DUTIES OF THE PRODUCTION DEPARTMENTAL HEADS
1. The Manager in charge of production department/ shops shall be responsible for the production Department.
2. He/She shall be responsible for co-ordination of materials, production and sales departments
3. He/She shall be responsible for optimum utilization of resources, men machine and materials.
4. He/She shall be responsible for meeting the specified targets in terms of quantity and quality.
5. He/She shall be responsible for Labour control.
DUTIES AND POWERS OF QUALITY ASSURANCE AND CONTROL
1. The Head of Quality Assurance and Control shall be responsible for quality assurance, inspection procedures, to fix standards for warranty settlement, vendor inspection, quality audit and laboratory and tool inspection.
DUTIES AND POWERS OF HEAD OF PERSONNEL& ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENTS
1. The Head of Personnel and Administration shall be responsible for selection, training and placement of personnel, man power control, labour and staff welfare, canteen, time keeping, settlement of labour disputes, labour negotiations, administrative up keeping of officers, security arrangements, liaison work etc. and take/ recommend steps for maintaining harmonious industrial relation.
DUTIES AND POWER OF HEAD OF MATERIALS DEPARTMENT
1. He/She will ensure the material of the required quality necessary for the uninterrupted production in is made available in time to various departments at competitive rate.
2. He/She will ensure that the Inventory carrying cost is reduced to the optimum level.